Monday, June 14, 2010

21st Annual CAPP Oil & Gas Investment Symposium

Presentations from Canadian energy companies, both big and small including Crescent Point, Vero, Legacy, Niko Resources,Petrobank, Cenovus... Link.

Recordings of the presentations are not yet available on the site, but I would assume that they will be very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been a lot talking about ngas lately. Many thinks ngas price is going up soon. I dont see any near term upside because there just aint enough demand on the horizon. I have two long term ngas positions and im thinking to add third (just in case). Are you familiar about Birchcliff Energy?

Spicer said...

Somwhat. The biggest shareholder is Seymour Shulich, which unfortunately rules out the possibility of a hostile takeover and reduces interest in the stock. Most of the company land is in the Peace River Arch(IIRC Valhalla, Kakut & Worsley). Most of production is from the Montney(that's the conventional Montney, Upper Montney I think, not the unconventional Montney), Doig & Charlie Lake.

This comparison might be helpfull in the search for a good gas company:
http://iq.bmir.com/iq/iQ-Q1-2010-web.pdf

Birchcliff isn't included in the comparison, but about three dozen other Canadian juniors are.

Anonymous said...

Bir is in intermediate section in iQ report.

Thanks for the link!! I would be more than happy to get more such usefull links.

Any easy way to find out who has land on harmattan or ferrier? (tried already rigscout,google..)

Spicer said...

You could try an exploration well search here:
http://fm.canadiandiscovery.com/fmi/xsl/quicklogs/recordlist.xsl?-lay=Browse_a&-max=25&-findall
Unfortunately the free information is a bit(couple of years) dated.
Based on a Google search it looks like besides Angle at least Bellatrix and Pendant Energy have land in or near Ferrier.

As for analyses and research reports: some of the links and material that I come across are posted here, but most are not. I've exchanged that sort things via email with some folks before, so if you're interested send me an email.

Post a Comment